- “Absent” means the student is not physically present in school or in a scheduled class for at least half of the school day or class period except if the student is on an authorized school activity.
- “Present” means that the student is physically present in a scheduled class (NOT in the Health Room) for at least HALF the school day (3 hours) or on an authorized school activity.
- “Tardy” means the student reports to school after 7:55 a.m.
If your child is unable to attend school, a parent or guardian should inform the school:
- Call the school office before 7:30 a.m. to leave a message on the answering machine, stating the reason for your child’s absence. (telephone: 831-7866)
- Call the school office after 7:30 a.m. to speak to a staff member about your child’s absence. (telephone: 831-7866 or 831-7867)