January 29, 2019
Dear Red Hill Parents and Guardians:
We are sending this letter home to inform you of a possible Stranger Danger incident that occurred before school last Thursday morning, January 24. Several students who attend Moanalua High School walking near the Ala Napunani Street underpass were approached by a white van. The driver offered the students a ride, the students refused and the incident was later reported to family members. A police report was filed and the incident is under investigation.
- Stay away from strangers, do not talk to or take anything from them.
- Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know. Never accept a ride from a stranger.
- Stay more than an arm’s reach away from strangers. If a stranger approaches you, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
- Use the buddy system; avoid walking anywhere alone.
- If a stranger grabs you, do whatever it takes to stop the stranger, yell for help.
- Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
- Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will return.